Sunday, December 17, 2006

Yankee Fan Club Radio

My interview with Ty and Uncle Joe on Yankee Fan Club Radio is currently airing. If you miss it, it is also available via podcast. These guys have an excellent radio show that I highly recommend.

Topics that we talked (the show was prerecorded) included Joe Torre, the proposed Melky Cabrera trade, Phil Hughes, Tyler Clippard, Humberto Sanchez, Dellin Betances, Joba Chamberlain, Eric Duncan, and more.

I really didn't articulate why this blog is called the "Fire Joe Torre Blog" well. My long time readers know this, but the title of the blog is not designed to drum up interest (in fact, I wonder sometimes if it drives people away from the site). The origin of this blog was as a "voice of reason" against Joe Torre. However, I really enjoyed writing the blog throughout the season and I began to write about all things Yankees. My passion in baseball had always been the minor leagues, and I began to write periodic and general updates on the minor leagues, and enjoyed every second of it. When the offseason hit, I couldn't very easily keep writing soley about Torre and the MLB Yankees without getting repetitive, so I decided to start writing about Yankee prospects.

It took off from there. My readership ballooned. Clearly, my readers wanted to hear more about the Yankees, and so I shifted the focus of the blog.

I'd like to know what you think. Should I change the name of the blog? Should this blog be 90% minor leagues when the season starts? Should I keep it at 50/50 Minor/Minor leagues? What do you like about the blog in general? What do you dislike?

Thanks for reading. Next up: Work in Progress Justin Christian


Edit/Update - Blogger dumped my comments section when I upgraded the template. I'm working right now to restore Haloscan. Hopefully we don't lose all of the comments from previous posts. Stay tuned. 2nd Update - Reverted back to the old template. Comments should work again.