Monday, October 09, 2006

Uneventful Day

I really don't like speculation on matters which I really have no knowledge of. I distain ESPN when they talk about all these Joe Torre related things that in reality are concealed behind closed doors. So I am not going to speculate. For the record, it is my personal opinion that Torre will not be fired this offseason.

Some interesting quotes from Yankee players however should recieve attention.

Gary Sheffield is auditioning for a job in the post-Torre era.

An anonymous former Yankee blames Jeter.

George Steinbrenner
released a non-statement.

Brian Cashman also has basically said "Who knows what will happen at this point", while Arod has said "I want to stay, but if they want me to go, I'll go".

Sounds like some changes are coming, or at least the discontent will not remain behind the scenes. Should be an interesting offseason.

I'll try to find the time to talk about the Yankee pitching staff soon. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow.