Tuesday, April 18, 2006

April 18th @ Toronto - L 10-5

Ok, just when I was getting optimistic.

Randy Johnson just broke down. For some reason, he cannot beat the Blue Jays. He's got an ERA above 12 at Rogers Center.

Not many positives to speak about. Scott Proctor showed his skills yet again. I am a little worried about him being overused though. He threw 50 pitches just games ago. Tonight he tossed another 48. He's going to need some rest. I'm a little concerned about Torre wearing him out, as he did with Sturtze last season at this time of the year.

Why was Chacon out there in a close game?

Oh well, not a lot of time to write tonight. The big news for me is that the New Jersey Devils completed the most amazing comeback that I've ever witnessed in hockey to win the Atlantic division in the NHL. They play the Rangers on Friday in the 1st round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.