Tuesday, June 13, 2006

They Don't Make Music Like This Anymore

I hardly ever digress from baseball on this blog - in fact this is the first and likely last time that I will - but I am going to do so tonight.

I just saw Dweezil Zappa play the music of his father Frank Zappa at the Beacon theatre in New York tonight. I have to say, it was one of the best concerts that I have ever been to. Frank Zappa was in my opinion the greatest musical mind of his century. His command of beautiful musical harmonies was perfect. Not only that, but he added humor and fun into his music to complete the trifecta.

They don't make music like he made anymore. I implore you, if you have never heard of Frank Zappa, go to your favorite source of music and check out the songs "Watermelon on Eastern Hay", "Sofa #1", and "Joe's Garage".

If I live long enough to see one more musician as good as Frank Zappa, I will be lucky.