Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 6 vs Boston W 2-1

Top of the 8th inning. 2 Outs. Manny at the plate. Farnsworth is cruising. He struck out Ortiz big time, making that giant ogre flail like a schoolgirl.

Then Manny lifts one to right field. I curse. Twice. I punch the couch. Not even looking at the play, all I hear is Michael Kay saying "And Cabrera makes the catch!"

I was about three inches away from slitting my wrist.

Good day for the Yankees. We now have a 1.5 game lead in the AL East. Personally, I could go for two more wins this week against the Sox so we can start padding that lead. I'd feel a lot better if Jeter could play though.

Lots of new Yankees this afternoon, and a series of great plays by rookies (Cabrera, Phillips) tonight. Oh, and a great pitching performance by a young pitcher. Who says our farm system is in bad shape?